Tuesday 27 August 2013

In here until we find out who carer is.



Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Cindy - 5 year old Bracco Italiano cross.


Hello, I'm Cindy .. a Bracco Italiano Cross. I was rescued from a Spanish Dog Pound when my time was up. If my rescuers hadn't seen me in an album of dogs needing homes I would not still be alive
to tell my story and to have the chance of a good and happy life.

I have led a very sheltered life. I was kept in a kennel alone, just being used to breed puppies. It was an awful life really. I had no company apart from briefly when I was joined by the male dogs I was forced to breed with and I never felt the cool breeze through my fur or saw the sun. But, it was all I knew and I loved my owner despite everything.

And then, one awful day he took me to the dog pound. I was confused and very frightened .. but mostly I was hurt and broken by my owner just leaving me there. I understand now that this was because I was older and couldn't breed anymore .. so I was of no use to him. In the pound dogs died everyday. There was not much food and dogs used to fight over it .. some of the smaller dogs got killed. And, some dogs just seemed to give up which was not surprising. But I used all my strength of character to keep going because I believed there was a future for me out there somewhere.

My foster carers saved my life and my spirit and soul. I am a very kind, gentle and calm girl and I just love the company of people. I know, that despite everything not all humans are cruel, and I am willing to give everyone the chance to love me. Since I have been with my foster parents they have worked hard to get me used to the leader and also I have learnt that if I am off the leader I can enjoy myself, as long as I come back when I am called. They call this 'recall' and say I am very good at it.

I know my foster parents love me, and I love them so much for everything they have done for me. But, they cannot keep me because they need to be able to save other dogs, as they did me. So I need a special family to take me 'home' for good. I am only 5 years old and still full of life, but I am house trained and more sensible than a puppy. I love my puppy friends but boy are they hard work sometimes.

Please give me the chance to show how much love I have to give.

I am
Vaccinated to legal requirements for travel
Dewormed
Deflead
Chipped
EU passport

No comments:

Post a Comment